Our Innovation Vouchers
Innovation Vouchers are timeboxed, targeted, impactful R&D interventions that empower applicants to:
- De-risk original content creation
- Solve technology-based challenges
- Harness the power of data
- Develop entrepreneurial capacity
- Design winning strategies
- Innovate new business models
- Accelerate to scale.
The Innovation Voucher scheme is open to individual games professionals and companies, media companies and other organizations seeking to develop novel ideas and technologies, products and services that engage games development or games developers.
Our Innovation Voucher portfolio constantly develops in response to the needs and aspirations of the Dundee videogame cluster. We are currently offering Innovation Voucher support in the following areas:
- Writing for Games
- Customer Discovery
- Audience Insights
- Business Model Innovation
- Strategic Design and Planning.
What’s the application process?
Because InGAME offers support free, our application process is competitive and rigorous. But at every stage it de-risks further collaboration and provides you with actionable outputs.
We review your initial application (see How to Apply?) then schedule a short Diagnosis Lab. This is a short call that helps us identify your challenge and/or discover if your project proposal fits InGAME’s purpose, mission and funding conditions.
If successful, you progress to a Discovery Lab. Here we work with you to define exactly what your proposed project is, its objectives and potential then we co-design a possible solution or approach to it.
After the Discovery Lab, we determine whether you will be awarded further R&D support and if so, what R&D pathway you should take. Our pathways are:
- Innovation Vouchers
- Challenge Calls – Applied Games Catalyser
- Challenge Calls – Cluster of the Future Demonstrator
Who Should Apply?
Collaborative R&D is primarily designed to empower organisations engaged in – or with – game development in the Dundee cluster to innovate and/or grow.
Applicants eligible to apply include:
- Startups (pre- and post-incorporation) and university spin-outs
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Third sector organisations
- Public sector organisations
However, anyone can submit an application, providing they:
- Have their main company operations in the UK or are individuals based and eligible to work in the UK
- Propose an R&D collaboration concerned with game development, game developers or media enterprise
- Propose an R&D collaboration with InGAME that creates value for the Dundee videogames cluster
How to Apply?
- Complete the short application form. This form is your first step towards collaborating with InGAME.
- With your form, submit a simple pitchdeck outlining your challenge/proposal and ambition.
- Arrange a Diagnosis Lab call with us.
- We’ll let you know the outcome within 2 weeks of your application.
You can view what a standard Application Journey looks like here.
For full application details, please follow this link. We welcome applications on a rolling basis all year round.