If you want to collaborate with InGAME on something other than an Innovation Voucher, simply Pitch a Project using the same application process. We welcome Collaborative R&D proposals that ‘move the needle’, particularly if they involve the application of game design techniques and technologies to boost productivity – or drive positive social change by solving real-world problems. InGAME can support projects with a diverse talent pool of world-class academic and industry R&D specialists with multidisciplinary expertise in:
- Animation, Narrative and Storytelling
- Audience Insight/User Testing
- Business Model Innovation
- Creative Economy & Collaborative Networks
- Design Thinking/Service Design
- Data-Driven Design
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
- Experimental Game Development
- Game Production Process
- Interactive Engagement
- Management & Leadership
- Organization Design & Development
- Performance and Play
- Sound Design and Composition
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
- Technology Innovation and Diversification.
What’s the application process?
Because InGAME offers support free, our application process is competitive and rigorous. But at every stage it de-risks further collaboration and provides you with actionable outputs.
We review your initial application (see How to Apply?) then schedule a short Diagnosis Lab. This is a short call that helps us identify your challenge and/or discover if your project proposal fits InGAME’s purpose, mission and funding conditions.
If successful, you progress to a Discovery Lab. Here we work with you to define exactly what your proposed project is, its objectives and potential then we co-design a possible solution or approach to it.
After the Discovery Lab, we determine whether you will be awarded further R&D support and if so, what R&D pathway you should take. Our pathways are:
- Innovation Vouchers
- Challenge Calls – Applied Games Catalyser
- Challenge Calls – Cluster of the Future Demonstrator
Who Should Apply?
Collaborative R&D is primarily designed to empower organisations engaged in – or with – game development in the Dundee cluster to innovate and/or grow.
Applicants eligible to apply include:
- Startups (pre- and post-incorporation) and university spin-outs
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Third sector organisations
- Public sector organisations
However, anyone can submit an application, providing they:
- Have their main company operations in the UK or are individuals based and eligible to work in the UK
- Propose an R&D collaboration concerned with game development, game developers or media enterprise
- Propose an R&D collaboration with InGAME that creates value for the Dundee videogames cluster
How to Apply?
- Complete the short application form. This form is your first step towards collaborating with InGAME.
- With your form, submit a simple pitchdeck outlining your challenge/proposal and ambition.
- Arrange a Diagnosis Lab call with us.
- We’ll let you know the outcome within 2 weeks of your application.
You can view what a standard Application Journey looks like here.
For full application details, please follow this link. We welcome applications on a rolling basis all year round.