Abertay Game Lab seeks a partner to develop a suite of mini-games that will be showcased at Whale Song Park, a digital playpark on Dundee’s waterfront, from August 2021. InGAME is delighted to be supporting the project by delivering a user testing lab.
This call will close on the 14th of May 2021.
Open Call Summary
A four-player interactive arcade cabinet will be installed in Whale Song Park providing players a fast-paced team play experience around 8 social play mini-games which increase in difficulty over the play session. The games will make use of the unique design of the arcade cabinet, which is made up of four individual large scale LED screens. The game will provide a team play experience that requires both completion of solo activities on each individual player’s screens and completion of team activities which spread across all four player screens to win more play time and keep the fun going.
Developers are invited to pitch to develop the series of pre-designed mini-games, co-design game balancing for fun and pace, define art style and finesse game feel to create an engaging multiplayer gameplay experience suitable for players aged 5 – 15 (and beyond).
£15,000 commission fee (total budget for winning individual or team)
How will my application be assessed?
Applications will be assessed by an experienced and impartial panel of InGAME and Abertay Game Lab staff. However, external specialists will also be consulted in some circumstances. All applications will be treated in confidence. Applications will be assessed on: relevant evidence and experience; quality and clarity application; commitment to specified key dates; and deliverables and eligibility.
Applicants should respond to this open call by completing the form at the bottom of this page and attaching relevant, supporting materials. Any queries about the open call should be directed to InGAME with the subject line, Whale Song Park Open Call.
- Any interviews will be held by video call on Wednesday 2nd June 2021.
- The name of the chosen development partner will be decided on or before Friday 4th June 2021.
- Contract negotiations will begin immediately with the successful candidate and should conclude no later than Monday 7th June 2021.
- All other candidates will be notified on or before Friday 4th June 2021.
- The successful applicant will need to be available to start the commission by week commencing 14th June 2021.
- The successful applicant will need to commit to post-launch support for a period of 8 weeks.
Who will own the IP for the outputs developed?
IP ownership will be held by Abertay University, however, we are keen to discuss an equitable licencing agreement with the successful applicant.
Project Brief and Design Specification
Ready to apply?
Please complete the online form below: